- Open pit iron mine on the west shore of Bruce Lake (southwest of Red Lake)
- No significant drilling was done on the claims until 1953, they were forgotten about during the gold rush in 1926 and re-staked in 1953
- Iron Bay Mines Limited was formed to develop the property after Lorne Dempster (on behalf of Alex Mosher) claimed it in 1953
- 1966 formed the Iron Bay Trust to acquire an 80% interest in Griffith Mine, which was leased to the Steel Company of Canada until 2040
- Calmore Iron Bay Mines held the other 20%
- Chime Gold Mines holds approximated 40% of the shares of the Iron Bay Trust
- Annually produced 1.5 million long tonnes of pellets until it closed in 1986 due to rising transportation costs and inability to compete with the larger North American producers
- Acquired the claims which comprise the Griffith property from Larry Herbert and conducted a one hole drill program totalling 429.16 m on the Griffith property.