Sports and Ringers
- The Arena in Cochenour was built by volunteer labour from miners, they would either contribute building from time to time or contribute a small amount of money off of their paychecks. The money that was donated went towards building and supplies that they needed.
- Red Lake Gold Mine sponsored "July 1st" or what we now know as "Canada Day". They made many activities possible such as Kids games and races, Trenching and drilling contests with prizes, Fireworks and more.
- They stopped doing this all together in 1960, but was brought back again in 1973 by Ball Club. It was bigger and better than ever.
- Mainland Mines had many teams that everyone was super supportive of. Red Lake Gold Mine started a team in 1936 and hired a coach.
- They built an actual rink and had many teams of miners but then decided to combine other players with their team.
- Hockey teams dissipated during the war but were retrieved when Dickenson and Campbell opened.
- The Gold Mines were hiring men who could play Baseball or Hockey (which they used as an incentive to get more players).