Lake Rowan Gold Mine
- In production 1968
- Incorporated in 1934 to acquire 35 claims from the Rowan-Hall Syndicate
- Owned by Gerald A. Rowan, Mary Blanche Gauthier and Frank M. Reid
- Underground development happened until 1939 when stopped because of WWII
- 1945 company name changed to Lake Rowan 1945 Mines
- Changed again in 1951 to Lake Rowan Consolidated Mines
- 1952 mine got power
- Underground work stopped 1953
- 1968-88 company carried out surface mapping and drilling but only produced 1,298 oz. bullion
- Controlled and operated by Dickenson
- There were two major geological systems that were found on the Rowan property. First was the Rowan gold system which consisted of a large strike over 600m long
- The property was staked by G.A. Rowan sometime before 1934.
- Shaft sunk to a depth of 132 meters with levels at 76 meters and 122 meters.
- The area is underlain by felsic tuffs