Red Crest Gold Mine
1935 to 1936
- Went into production 1936
- Incorporated 1934 in order to acquire 7 claims in Todd Township
- 1934 re-tested/sampled all of the previously done work
- Steam plant erected 1935
- 1936 shaft = 300 feet
- Underground exploration funded by Kirkland Hudsons Bay Gold Mines (shaft deepened to 600 feet)
- 1956 reorganized as Red Summit Gold Mines and was controlled by Northgate Explorations Ltd.
- Closed/idle since 1958
- Produced $9,721 in bullion (paid for exploration)
- 1934: Red Crest Gold Mines Limited drilled eight diamond holes totalling 649 m and began sinking a 3-compartment shaft with levels at 150 and 275 feet
- 1935-38: Five ton mill installed; shaft was deepened to 600 ft and levels were opened at 425 and 575 ft; 990 m of lateral work; 1676 m diamond drilling from underground
- 1938: property was closed down.
- All structures have collapsed and all machinery has been removed